POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Variation on the "Lava Lamp" Animated Text : Re: Variation on the "Lava Lamp" Animated Text Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:05:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Variation on the "Lava Lamp" Animated Text
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Dec 2021 19:45:00
Message: <web.61aeadb5e023a67e4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
I like it-- even though my name isn't Paula :-P

Height_fields, I assume?

The interesting thing from my point of view is that the downloaded animation
actually plays in Windows Media Player (on my Win 10 machine); this is the FIRST
time that a file from POV-Ray's web portal, when downloaded, actually does so!
In the past (in Win 7 and Win XP) I always had to use a different media player,
I think because of the additional '.dat' suffix that has always been added to
such files, and which I could never 'fix'. AVI, MP4, they all had the same
problem.

But that has now changed (for whatever reason)!

I'm curious to know which app you assembled your animation frames in. Currently,
I use the old but still-available VirtualDub2 MOD, although I haven't yet
uploaded one of my current POV-Ray MP4 videos since purchasing my Win 10
machine.