POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Area_light and Rendering Dark Regions after Animation : Re: Area_light and Rendering Dark Regions after Animation Server Time
2 May 2024 04:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area_light and Rendering Dark Regions after Animation
From: bubble person
Date: 3 Dec 2021 07:55:00
Message: <web.61aa13671a80054d16bfacdf7c94cc22@news.povray.org>
"bubble_person" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> I recently posted about about trying to simulate bubbles in a tube and received
> a lot of great feedback on my scripting approach!  I've made changes to my
> previous setup to clean it up, but have two outstanding questions/issues.  The
> first is on the area_light function, and the second is an issue that I am having
> when rendering my new script.

Hello Forum,

I missed the reply from Alain in my previous post which gave a stellar
description of the area_light definition, and he has made it super clear to me.
Thanks Alain!

I am of course interested in how people would approach making a diffuse
backlight, and if my approach of using the looks_like{} function seems
appropriate.  Thanks again, everyone, for your support and help!

Sincerely,

Bubble_person