POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music Video Project Finished : Re: Music Video Project Finished Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Video Project Finished
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 25 Nov 2021 14:45:00
Message: <web.619fe6333d1d091b2636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> Not a heavy metal fan, so naturally I was unfamiliar with the song.  It
> struck me as a powerful anti-war song, which is a striking ironic
> contrast to the visual imagery.  Is this the point?
>
> Well done!

Yep exactly - my intention is that the waving flag represents the "we" in the
lyrics ("Do just as we say") which in my mind is the state and the psychopaths
who control it (CFR, UN, military industrial complex, bankers, et cetera),
deceptively portraying itself as patriotism; and everything else represents the
resulting reality and experiences described by the soldier.

Thanks for the generous compliment!