POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray mode for emacs update? : Re: povray mode for emacs update? Server Time
7 May 2024 00:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray mode for emacs update?
From: jr
Date: 14 Oct 2021 10:10:00
Message: <web.616839a5f99d6e745bd1b3ba6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:
> In lieu of a GUI, some Linux users use Emacs to develop POVray code.
> Is there some other coding platform which works better for POVray on Linux?
>
> Thanks for any clue.

not sure about "better", but Vim does a good job syntax-highlighting etc.  Vim
will also use 'tags' files to aid navigation within a project, and I've written
a simple extension to the 'ctags' utility which allows it to parse *.{pov,inc}
files; see thread:
<https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.5e0e133572d06ba48c662f470%40news.povray.org%3E/>

regards, jr.