POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is my life easier yet? : Re: Is my life easier yet? Server Time
3 May 2024 08:46:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is my life easier yet?
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Oct 2021 21:00:00
Message: <web.615a517b505a3a0d4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> I think I've seen enough tutorials to learn the basics of Git, and I've
> installed Git-Cola because I need an easy visual reference for what's
> going on.

Not that I know *anything* about this stuff, but...

On the Wikipedia page "Comparison of Git GUIs", it lists 50+ apps there, or
whatever they are. Perhaps there is another easier-to-use (and 'visual') tool
than git-cola? It's workings sound like a nightmare to fathom, from your
description.

I don't use any kind of 'credentials manager' -- whatever that is! If I even
understand it's use, I have all of my passwords on pieces of paper(!) instead,
in a single place on my desk, and just enter them when I have to (or memorize
them.) I simply don't trust putting that kind of info anywhere on my computer or
in the cloud. But the world's computer infrastructure is becoming more and more
invasive about this stuff-- I'm sure that *everything* about me is probably
already available somewhere, to a determined hacker. :-[