POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Box division : Re: Box division Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Box division
From: Samuel B
Date: 23 Sep 2021 19:05:00
Message: <web.614d0785154a1cc3cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Wow, that is really impressive. I want to go through the code in detail, to see
> how and why it works-- especially the Lerp(...) macro.
>
> Rune's sky_sphere orienting macro is also interesting and complex, with its
> several inner operations; I had not seen that kind of thing before.
>
> Thanks for posting!

Hi again,

The Z_Align macro is not only good for sky_spheres, it's good for many things.
Depending on what you want to do it can be a better alternative to
Point_At_Trans, since it gives you more control over the final orientation.

The Lerp macro is for linear interpolation. It just makes it easier to choose an
arbitrary value between A and B. I could have made the scene without it, but
decided to use it since it simplifies the code a bit. (But looking at it now, I
should have declared a variable to reduce computation times and to keep the code
cleaner, haha.)

Sam