POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Domenator, last version : Re: Domenator, last version Server Time
2 May 2024 10:44:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Domenator, last version
From: Mediat
Date: 31 Aug 2021 03:40:00
Message: <web.612ddbda3965e4e8d1712a2a5020ebe1@news.povray.org>
Hi Kenneth

I hope you'll succeed, Thomas has explained the problem and there is nothing I
can do.

Enjoy

Hi Thomas,

The STL and OBJ Button generate name.STL and name.OBJ files whiche you can read
in a lot of 3d-viewer (I use glc-viewer), and it should be compatible with 3D
printers (but I don't have access to any, so I haven't tried)
The INC button generates the POV file, these 3 files are generated in the
directory above the one where the exe stands (maybe not a very good idea)

If you don't declare any material, you will have to declare one in your pov-file
for the entire union, but you can be more specific :

1) Dome material is the same as the pov definition for the entire object
2) Face material will affect the mesh part only
3) Struts materials, you can define different material for parallel an meridian
struts, major and minor struts
4) Diagonal struts, same thing for the diagonals (usually you don't want to see
them, but I have an exemple ...)
5) Spheres material, usually the same as one of the struts tha the sphere
completes

In the image trashbin, the faces are not generated, only the major parallele
struts have a non 0 radius
In the franc-contois image (it is a dome I saw in a french xountryside called
lead material.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'trashbin.jpg' (43 KB)