POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.2 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.2 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.2
From: jr
Date: 13 Aug 2021 08:25:00
Message: <web.611662422e46e9155e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Let us know of any gripes you may have with that version.
>
> Also, feel free to remind us of any gripes you had with the previous
> beta that haven't been addressed satisfactorily yet (I'm quite sure
> there are some).

thanks, builds with only one (same 'trace.cpp') warning.  'datetime(now)' as
before, the '+rtr +kla' test scene still gives me an empty preview window.  the
'declare=X=Y' still mangles the value. puzzled what the point of adding '-src'
to archive and directory would be, are there any binaries for not-Windows?

(what is different? :-))

> Pro Tip: A GitHub issue report
> (https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues) is the best way to make sure
> we're keeping proper tabs on whatever your gripe may be.

well, this is an amateur reporting.  ;-)

regards, jr.