POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 May 2021 21:45:00
Message: <web.60b43edf388d0b7a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> - A comprehensive demo scene file

> - An investigation/implementation of Real World dimensions (should have
> started with that, but you know of it goes...)

> - Additional xxxGranite.inc files to be fed to the macro

So I was playing with a scene for editing the material's color_map, and in
addition to the inc file stuff, I noticed that you had removed all of the macro
parameters.

I think that works really nicely, so far.

On the one hand, I like the #undef stuff at the end, but with what I'm doing
with variations on the same theme, I noticed that that causes me to have to
redeclare any macro parameters before each call.  No big deal - I can work with
that.

But I'm thinking if it doesn't change anything, maybe have it work like

Granite_21 (optional parameters_persist)
(default is no)
and then #if (parameters_persist) would govern macro section 7

I have some things laid out with to-scale rulers, and with respect to the SSLT
I'm wondering what I should do to indicate the - depth - of the translucency
effect.  I'm not sure that I know of an equation / documentation / diagram for
calculating / estimating the effect given an rgb 1 light_source and material
thickness.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to get as much useful visual info into the
scene, but minimize the long render time effect of the SSLT.

Perhaps as a lead-in to the documentation, you could just briefly comment on the
layout and purpose of the macro parts - the masks and such?

Thanks,

- Bill

Attached is highlighting 2 color_map entries in green, and then replacing them
with black.  Just a little macro to make it easier to do from within the scene
file.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'graniteeditor.png' (223 KB)