POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : Re: POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
20 May 2024 06:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Installation thread
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 May 2021 18:15:00
Message: <web.60a046ba2344a9a11f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Sorry for the delay.

Seems that somehow the povr script got deleted but the file was still there.

I redownloaded the file and edited it to read:

#!/bin/sh
INSTALLDIR=/home/povray/povray-3.8.0-x.povr_b0bcf6c0
export POVINC=${INSTALLDIR}/share/povray-3.8/include
#export POVINI=${INSTALLDIR}/etc/povray/3.8/povray.ini
unset POVINI
${INSTALLDIR}/bin/povray $@
exit $?

Seems to render the blob scene fine now.

Not sure how THAT happened.

Thanks for all the suggestions - that helped track down the issue.

Maybe I will do some more fine tuning on this tomorrow.

It's always something ridiculous.