POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) : Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) Server Time
19 May 2024 09:34:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber)
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Apr 2021 15:55:00
Message: <web.607b3c55ae0d855d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I *might* be able to render a larger/higher resolution
> version for you...

I should probably explain what that means, and why it might be better for your
use, if you're not familiar with computer-graphics images.

The program we use here-- POV-ray-- produces images that are 'resolution
independent'. What that means is, an image of a certain size (in pixels) has a
certain level of detail, limited by the individual pixel sizes themselves. By
simply creating or 'running' a larger image, the 'scene' itself actually shows
MORE detail; it's not just a blown-up and blurrier version of the smaller one.

And for printing-- as for your book-- the larger the image, the better.

My originally-posted image here is 'only' 1024 X 768 pixels, which may not
reproduce well-enough for your needs.