POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music Video Project : Re: Music Video Project Server Time
13 May 2024 20:39:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Video Project
From: jr
Date: 13 Apr 2021 06:40:00
Message: <web.607573f9432b07e179819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

(this has been nagging me since I posted, sorry)

"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > run it, right-click to start, left-click or 'b' key each beat, then
> > > right-click again to stop; 'q' at any time to abandon.
> >
> > This sounds intriguing - I've never heard of Tcl/Tk so I'm not sure what you
> > mean - should I run this script then play the song and press the "b" key every
> > time I hear a beat, and the script will record the timing of the keypresses?
>
> yes.

the presumption was/is that you are comfortable with the idea of "programming"
since you use (at least) the POV-Ray SDL.  there's nothing special about the
language, almost any scripting/compiled language will do.  I wrote the code to
illustrate that you can make a simple tool to take some of the drudge out of the
job and take (human) fallibility out of the equation, with little effort -- make
your computer earn its electricity.  (besides, it also delivered a pleasure
"kick" similar to solving a good crossword. :-))

regards, jr.