POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
13 Jun 2024 12:49:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Mar 2021 05:15:00
Message: <web.603e0f26a906d8e3d98418910@news.povray.org>
> So, following the logic from:

(I think this is the link you meant; it got garbled in translation)...
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.410eba6fcd20604ecbae57f30@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=300207&toff=1950

> just include transforms.inc, THEN redefine the "offending" macro:
> [snip]
> and you should be good.

Wow. That is... magical to me (to you, it is probably business as usual, ha.)
You have solved a persistent problem that I've been trying to figure out for at
least 15 years...but without your truly excellent knowledge of vcross et al.
Maybe others here find it equally as fascinating. Thanks a bunch for dissecting
those macros, and for really pinning down the essential elements of WHY they
produce the results they do.

This topic (and your solution) deserves a post of its own.  Rather than comment
any further, I would like to take the pertinent comments and images here and and
re-post them under a new heading; give me a little time to do so. IMO, your
solution would be of great help to others who use trace.