POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Feb 2021 17:35:00
Message: <web.60303cd9cfed4d97d98418910@news.povray.org>
> Second state of the scene, this time rendered with stochastic aa...
>
> Following Bill's comment about Sam Benge's Luminous Bloom, I dusted the
> facility off, adapted it to latest pov version (gamma and emission) and
> tweaked the settings until I got this somewhat painterly output. I like
> it but am not going to experiment much further at present.

That's a beautiful and pastoral scene; sorry that I had not commented previously
(too many POV-ray tasks and tests taking up my time.) I love the thatched roofs,
and the overall setting (and lighting.) I actually prefer the non-bloom image.
IMO, that effect seems to work/look better when applied to larger or simpler
shapes-- as opposed to 'blooming' lots of fine details, which looks more like an
overall haze. Or maybe that's the intended effect here ;-)