POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vortex pattern : Re: Vortex pattern Server Time
27 Apr 2024 15:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vortex pattern
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Feb 2021 18:50:01
Message: <web.602efc393717ac601f9dae300@news.povray.org>
So, I was initially playing with this as a _pigment_, but then I remembered that
a pigment is only a surface effect, and I couldn't get the funnel to show up
through the "clear" portions.

So I implemented it in media, but the parts of the media that don't have density
don't seem to be transparent.

I needed to play around a bit with the math, and that gave the bonus discoveries
that I could add a funnel shape term and a "ground effect" term.

Still needs a lot of work to get it to seamlessly transition from the parent
pattern to the vortex-rotated pattern.

I'm assuming that I will need to do an isosurface if I want to texture it like a
normal object with a color_mapped pigment.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vortexmedia.png' (107 KB)

Preview of image 'vortexmedia.png'