POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shiny : Re: shiny Server Time
16 May 2024 00:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shiny
From: Mr
Date: 8 Dec 2020 07:50:01
Message: <web.5fcf75adfc5816466adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
Ash Holsenback <no### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> On 12/3/20 11:27 AM, Ash Holsenback wrote:
> > i thought a monolith was a bit cliche...
>
> zen gnome sitting on a stack of oreo's ... ohmmmmm

Hi,
I like the idea. There is a scale problem:  the oreos are much too big for the
teapot and dwarf too small for a garden (though dwarf scale can be flexible
depending on what you want to convey and degree of realism you go for).

If you want more visual realism, since I would expect the dwarf to be bigger
than oreo, then I would rest the oreos upon his head rather than have him
sitting on them.  This would require having that teapot and dwarf+oreo at
different distances from camera so they can all be readable : so The dwarf in
the forground and viewed slightly from above to preserve him from too much depth
of field blurring and keep oreo more meaningfull.

Thus the pedestal probably needs to widen and host all of them and why not some
initial container at its foot to tell a story... (indiana jones leather satchel
/Dora the explorer's bag?/...?) so that all these so different objects don't
lack a reason to belong to the same universe. If no reason other than artistic
license, then maybe they would need to be placed in a way that either asks or
solves some kind of riddle... What do you think?