POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo : Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:58:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Nov 2020 04:35:01
Message: <web.5fbe24fe360fa9aed98418910@news.povray.org>
BTW, something Clipka mentioned seems to be at odds with how radiosity currently
works, at least in v3.8xx:

" The algorithm should be non-random, to be suitable for animations.(For certain
reasons it would be desirable to have a certain random element in the
distribution of rays; however, this typically collides with multiple of the
above criteria and is therefore ignored in POV-Ray.)POV-Ray uses a precomputed
table of directions specially designed to meet all of the above."

My own tests so far show that the rad 'light patches' in animation *are* random
from frame to frame (although that can be minimized to a degree, by using a
saved rad file.) However, perhaps I'm still doing something wrong with my
radiosity settings; I need to carefully re-read your PDF, to see if there are
clues to a solution.