POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bluebell Wood : Re: Bluebell Wood Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:02:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bluebell Wood
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 15 Nov 2020 17:55:01
Message: <web.5fb1b0509fb6f5f7aa6014a80@news.povray.org>
> "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > Otherwise the image wasn`t very complicated
>
> Ho ho.
>
> Awesome image, very evocative!
>
> As always, I find myself wondering where the plant models come from. Do you cook
> them yourself? Or do you use some utility to create them? Whenever I try to add
> plants to my scenes, my biggest stumbling block is getting realistic foliage. I
> invariably end up bogged down with that aspect and make no progress.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

in Marvel terms I would describe myself as the Collector. I never was a Pareto
type in my life (80 % result by 20 % of effort) - personally I`m determined for
at least 97 % completion. And povray is one of my "collector" fields.

So I collected much more than 1000 trees (and many more plants too) during the
last 20 years - whereever possible.

In 2000 I switched from pov-tools only to professional ones (xfrog / onyx etc.)
and invested heavily in them (wouldn`t do it today anymore).

So I understand trees and plants, but I don`t have the needed modelling skills.

Luckily there are sites as https://archive3d.net/?tag=Tree to provide good
meshes for free.

Norbert