POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. : Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. Server Time
15 May 2024 18:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns.
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Nov 2020 08:30:01
Message: <web.5fa008767d75f86cd98418910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > I'm running the latest v3.8 development build in Windows [and trying to use
> > the new AA3 antialias method] but it does not accept
> > the   Antialias_Confidence=  keyword.
> > I tried instead to use +AC0.98 on the command line, but it does not work there
> > either.
> I forgot to mention that Stochastic_Seed (or +SS) is not accepted either.
>
> It seems that v3.8 in Windows is not recognizing those terms.

Just to follow up:
I have five different v3.8 'development versions' from Github (which run within
v3.7.0), and I have tried them all: The new antialias mode is not recognized in
any of them; they all revert to method 2. It seems that this new method was
never actually implemented in these Windows development builds of 3.8x (or else
maybe in one of the versions that I haven't yet tried??) Sad news. From reading
other posts here, method 3 apparently does work in Linux compiles of the source
code. So I guess that the relevant new code *is* sitting somewhere in the 3.8
source code itself?