POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 : Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 Server Time
16 Jun 2024 16:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Oct 2020 08:20:01
Message: <web.5f99617876c60ba8d98418910@news.povray.org>

> Does one use srgb for all colors in assumed_gamma srgb scenes or rgb?

Ah! That's *one* thing that I can answer, from my test scene so far: With
assumed_gamma srgb, the color types don't matter. Both rgb and srgb produce the
exact same result-- srgb colors. Exactly exact, not like srgb colors in
2.2-gamma space, with that *slight* difference we saw. I think Cousin Ricky(?)
or JR (?)mentioned it previously, somewhere in this messy thread, which I didn't
'process' at the time.  ;-)