POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. : Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. Server Time
15 May 2024 08:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns.
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Oct 2020 08:25:09
Message: <web.5f8ed6587d75f86cd98418910@news.povray.org>

> My only guess is you have a version which doesn't completely support
> method 3 AA. Did you review the render messages back to the screen?
> Asking because in regular POV-Ray specifying a mode greater than really
> supported defaults to the largest really supported. Are you seeing
> "Method 3" in the text output?

Running the v3.8-alpha.9811560+av591.msvc14 development build in Windows, with a
1280X960 render:

Antialiasing....on (method 2, Threshold 0.050, Depth 3, Jitter 1.00,  Gamma
2.50)
Samples:  10378994         Smpls/Pxl:  7.94

I didn't think to look there --and you are correct, it is falling back to AA
method 2, and WITH jitter(!). Thanks for the tip. It seems odd that I don't
*see* any animation jitter...although I'm not complaining!  ;-)

[off-topic]:
Strange thing: This development build that I'm currently running within v3.7.0
-- the replacement 'pvengine64' file-- came from a folder labeled
    povray-3.8.0-x.10064738-av694-Win64
(which is the name it un-Zipped to when I downloaded it.) But the version
numbers don't match.

I think I'll check out some of the other v3.8-alpha builds that I have, to see
if *any* of them will run the new  am3 AA  successfully.