POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. : Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:02:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns.
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Oct 2020 18:30:00
Message: <web.5f8e13487d75f86cd98418910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I forgot to mention that Stochastic_Seed (or +SS) is not accepted either, in
> either location.
>
> It seems that v3.8 in Windows is not recognizing those terms. :-(

I did an animation test anyway, by simply leaving out the two terms.

my .ini file:
[1280x960, AA special]
Width=1280
Height=960
Antialias=On
Sampling_Method=3
Antialias_Threshold=0.05

Nothing moves in my scene, or the camera; just static animation frames. I took
two consecutive frames into Photoshop, 'differenced' them, and exaggerated any
possible defects. And I don't see ANY difference between the two images-- no
out-of-place pixles at all. :-) Perhaps Stochastic_Seed is already 'on' by
default in the Windows version(?). In any case, the renders are beautifully
antialiased, and consistent.

Perhaps a *moving* camera might show something-- but any am3 difference from
frame to frame would be hard to verify by itself, since everything else is
slightly changing as well.