POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. : Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:41:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns.
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Oct 2020 17:30:00
Message: <web.5f8e045f7d75f86cd98418910@news.povray.org>
> On 10/19/20 9:15 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> > William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >
> > If I understand this correctly, it makes me wonder if there *would* be a
> > visually noticiable jittering when using the am3 method. I guess I need to try
> > it, to see.
> >

> Good question! I don't believe jitter is used in am3, but I did not test
> that belief. Let us know what you find.

I just tried to test it, but it's throwing an error.

I'm running the latest v3.8 development build in Windows, but it does not accept
the   Antialias_Confidence=  keyword in my quickres.ini file(!)

[1280x960, AA special]
Width=1280
Height=960
Antialias=On
Sampling_Method=3
Antialias_Confidence=0.98  <------- not accepted
Antialias_Threshold=0.05

I tried instead to use +AC0.98 on the command line, but it does not work there
either. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help!