POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 : Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 Server Time
18 May 2024 12:37:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Oct 2020 12:50:00
Message: <web.5f8c712376c60ba8d98418910@news.povray.org>

> I hadn't ever really understood functions - I'm not sure why - probably some
> frustrating syntactical thing - until I worked on my pattern value scenes and
> jr's moving media.  W. Pokorny truly helped clarify what was going on...

Yeah, functions are still somewhat of a mysterious 'black box' for me; I'm
probably where you were 8 years ago! But I try to s*l*o*w*l*y keep learning
(ouch).

> It's really a slow and painful thing to do, but the parser is like the military
> school, and I'm the remedial student.  And I just keep running the gauntlet
> until I get it right...

Ha, a perfect analogy. LOL!

> So, my "coding skill" is really just the result of 8 years of parser (and
> clipka) enforced aversion therapy.  :D

Funny!

> Maybe reading some of these discussions will help.

THANKS for the "gamma/Clipka" link-- I don't think I've ever seen that specific
explanation in the wiki(!)