POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Normal documentation images. Quilted. : Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted. Server Time
2 May 2024 01:04:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Oct 2020 17:50:01
Message: <web.5f88c363cc1d58b61f9dae300@news.povray.org>
So I wanted to check on the size and position of the pattern, given the graphs
in the docs go from -0.5 to 0.5.
The base pattern exists in a cube from <0, 0, 0> to <1, 1, 1>.

Which means it's centered at <0.5, 0.5, 0.5>, and the graph must be showing a
sort of signed axial distance.
But the function NEVER attains a value of 1.

Just to "see it all", I rendered 20 isosurfaces of 'quilted' with thresholds
from 0 to 1.

It just doesn't jive with the graphs showing a function returning values of from
0 to 1 inclusive.  Nor with the changing shape of the curves.
(And I did loop through and evaluate all of the c0 and c1 values and just plot
them all on top of one another.  Nothing reached 1, nothing stood out as an
S-shaped curve.)

It _does_ agree with the graphs I made showing it topping out at ~0.55.

Lucy... you got some 'splainin' to do....

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'quilteddimensions.png' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'quilteddimensions.png'
quilteddimensions.png