POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Normal documentation images. Quilted. : Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted. Server Time
2 May 2024 06:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Oct 2020 07:40:00
Message: <web.5f8833ebcc1d58b61f9dae300@news.povray.org>
And the other thing that's throwing me off is what exactly are the function
inputs and outputs.

I was trying to graph the built-in quilted pattern before I headed out, and got
some curved inverted "V" shapes instead of anything resembling the documentation
shapes.

#declare CN = array [5] {0, 0.33, 0.5, 0.67, 1}
#local c0 = CN[0];
#for (c1, 0, 4)
#ifdef (Q) #undef Q #end
#declare Q = function {pigment {quilted control0 c0 control1 CN[c1]}}

Then it struck me that the function probably isn't using linear x at the surface
of the cube where I see the pattern - it's using the vector length of <x,y,z>,
and spitting out --- a scalar.

So if I get the native pattern function worked out and graph it, I'll be sure to
LABEL THE AXES this time 'round.

'till then, hi ho, hi ho....