POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Normal documentation images. Quilted. : Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted. Server Time
2 May 2024 02:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal documentation images. Quilted.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Oct 2020 14:00:01
Message: <web.5f85ea24cc1d58b61f9dae300@news.povray.org>
Ash Holsenback <no### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> On 10/12/20 10:47 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> > Pfft.
> > I rolled my own and came up with more or less the same curves, but the way the
> > parameters influence them is different (of course...).
> >
> > Maybe I can adapt this into a pigment pattern and a normal.
> >
> > Do we know who made, how, and where the files are for the illustrations at:
> > http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Quilted_Pattern ?
>
> well as far as who and how... don't know. the where is on the wiki...
> just click on the image to bring up revision info. given my confusion
> about your question i'm guessing my response is a swing and a miss

Jim,

From the source code,
Who:

* FUNCTION
*
*   quilted_pattern

* AUTHOR
*
*   Dan Farmer & Chris Young

As for how - those function graphs didn't make themselves, so I'm wondering what
source information was used and how those graphs were generated for the
documentation.
Their existence implies some (non-POV-Ray?) file(s) that were used to graph the
function, and those might shed some additional light the issue.

-BW