POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:41:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 9_29_2020
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Oct 2020 17:00:06
Message: <web.5f7642e832341a55d98418910@news.povray.org>

> I think there is a fairly simple way [for collision detection], close to what
> Bill suggested, by
> using (1) random placement on the roof and (2) if more objects are to be
> placed to test collisions using the inside(O,V) function...

The inside(...) function-- that tool sounds really useful for this. I've
actually never used it before(!) Thanks, Thomas. Now I need to do some hard
thinking (ouch).

Btw, another major change/addition to my scene will be to divide the city into
'blocks', with streets going at right angles to each other. It will be a
challenge to implement, because my building-placement code as-is was written in
a way that will not easily allow it.

One problem at a time, ha.