POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
15 May 2024 15:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Oct 2020 16:45:06
Message: <web.5f763ed79bb6a657d98418910@news.povray.org>
> This came out well - the perspective / viewpoint works very well.
>
> It looks very different between my 2 monitors.  I'm not sure how to
> independently change the screen colors/gamma on my laptop but leave the
> auxiliary monitor as it is.

I have a similar problem, which might be related to yours(?)

Three or four years ago, my trusty old cathode-ray-tube monitor died, and I
bought a typical inexpensive LED 'TV' monitor as a replacement (a Vizio model.)
There was a decided color shift (or specific-color 'enhancement') that I still
have not figured out or corrected, at least with the TV's basic color controls.
I've simply gotten used to it by now, sad to say.

But I raised this problem in the newsgroups years ago, and Clipka mentioned that
my new monitor (or my computer) may not have the correct 'ICC color profile'
installed. I neglected to follow up on that advice-- it was rather technical--
and now I don't remember where the newsgroup posts are, or the date.

So your problem may likewise be related to an incorrect or mis-matched color
profile somewhere. Just a guess, though.