POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Sep 2020 13:55:01
Message: <web.5f7222cf9bb6a657d98418910@news.povray.org>

> The shadow positions look fine to me.  The problem I see is that there
> is often no tree trunk shadow, probably due to them being narrower than
> a pixel, and this makes the shadows seem disconnected from the trees.

Well... I was wrong-- the shadows do line up. My apologies, Thomas! My eyes seem
to be working better today ;-) Yes, what threw me off were the missing (i.e.,
too thin) tree trunks in the tree shadows, and not seeing where the actual tree
trunks meet the ground.

Btw, the clouds in the image look really nice, a BIG detail I didn't pay
attention to at first... even though the title is "Pending Storm", ha. I was too
busy enjoying other parts of the image  :-O

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pending storm close-up.jpg' (111 KB)

Preview of image 'pending storm close-up.jpg'
pending storm close-up.jpg