POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:40:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: jr
Date: 11 Sep 2020 21:35:00
Message: <web.5f5c240117b7b05f4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> most of the distribution scene files have one or more "recommended" render
> settings in their header which should be used.  so I've hacked up a set of
> scripts (for GNU/Linux) to do the rendering with two POV-Ray versions and create
> side-by-side-compare images, to explore, and perhaps build on.

and after I posted this, I cleaned out my '/tmp/' directory and followed the
instructions in the 'readme.txt', and ran into trouble.  </sigh>
early in the "driver" script's development, when I had the basic functionality,
I commented out the commands and replaced them with to-screen output of the
command-lines otherwise executed; the script in the archive is (deliberately)
shipped in that "crippled" state.

the first snag was (probably) of my own making, an error occurred when running
'addscenes.sh', see attached for details.

and then there are a few scene files which, for one reason or other, need to be
excluded from the run; four updates to the database required, details attached.

two scenes actually fail for v3.8, but work for 3.7.  again, see attached.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cmpimg.txt' (2 KB)