POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TEE Edelweiss : Re: TEE Edelweiss Server Time
13 May 2024 00:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TEE Edelweiss
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Sep 2020 18:00:00
Message: <web.5f4ec32a50afc79fc1b1e9680@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> it has been a while, but I finally managed to model the bridge I wanted my
> Edelweiss train to run on.

Excellent modelling. :)
Remind me, do you use a modeller? (Probably not.)
I made a version of the Forth Rail Bridge using Moray.

> So after cancelled trips, cruises and occasional lockdowns here it is.
> While setting up this image, I thought that it might be nice to have Titanic
> sail underneath. So I think I'll raise the Titanic (That sounds like a movie
> title!), and see whether I can render her again.

Make sure the Titanic's pilot isn't distracted by Stephenson's Rocket and hits
an iceberg ;)

> Cheers
> Ton.
>
> By the way, for people who don't recognize this bridge, it is based of the Forth
> Bridge, not far from Edinburgh, in Scotland.

At one time, I would have needed to take off my socks and shoes to count the
number of times I crossed it, in a year.

Stephen