POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups : Re: latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups
From: Kenneth
Date: 31 Aug 2020 10:15:00
Message: <web.5f4d054de699e4f5d98418910@news.povray.org>
> "Kenneth"  wrote:
>
> > I have always used a web browser to connect to the newsgroups here (I currently
> > use the latest version of Firefox, on Windows 7).
>
> Welcome back  :)
>
> The last year or so has been a rough ride.  I hope things are - better.
>
> I have switched to using Brave browser, and it seems to work very nicely.
>
> It's good to see you back, and I hope you get all of your technical issues
> sorted out.  ;)
>
> - Bill

Thanks, Bill! I have a LOT of catching-up to do with POV-Ray. What's the latest
version now, v9.9? :-p

Yes, my 'old problems' have been solved, thankfully-- but then along came the
Covid-19 near-global lockdown, woe is me! But that's no excuse for my absense
from the newsgroups; simple procrastination and laziness is a more accurate
description, ha. (Along with some minor computer problems that I eventually
solved.)

It's good to see lots of old friends here on the newsgroups-- as well as some
new faces (uh, names).

And I'm *still* tweaking my buildings/cityscape scene from my last major burst
of POV-Ray activity! One idea begets another...as usual.