POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric. : Re: Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric.
From: jr
Date: 15 Jun 2020 07:40:00
Message: <web.5ee75cca3a5198914d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 6/14/20 8:48 AM, Mr wrote:
> > William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> > Is there a way to play with this povr branch? I could'nt find it on github or
> > online....
> I want to get rid of the ini system and move to just flags.

that would be a shame, I think.  personally, I find .ini files increasingly
useful, as they allow me to quick render the wip with just "povray name", or
(when it matters) "povray name[final]"; also, having multiple sections allows me
to render the same image with different "environments", ie library_paths, so
different versions of the same .inc files can be used.

> A possibility I guess would be posting a tar ball here on the newsgroups
> in the short term which folks could build themselves.

please do.  :-)

regards, jr.