POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scaling unions : scaling unions Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  scaling unions
From: Hexhall
Date: 24 May 2020 22:20:01
Message: <web.5ecb2a35fb4f9f8647ce6450@news.povray.org>
I have a union object that is made up of a cylinder with two spheres, one sphere
on each end of the cylinder. (This has to be the case, because it is output from
another program).  I would like to scale this object, stretching it in the
direction of the axis of the cylinder, but I would like to prevent the
dimensions of the spheres being affected.  Is there any easy way to do this with
this union?  Right now, the only option I think is viable is to write a program
(I would use c++) and read such unions from an .inc file and write three
separate objects in place of the union.  Is there any keyword that prevents
dimensions of objects being affected in unions, but allows their positions to
change when a scale is being applied?