POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Night Sky - Beginners Question : Night Sky - Beginners Question Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:49:05 EDT (-0400)
  Night Sky - Beginners Question
From: Jezza
Date: 27 Apr 2020 13:40:00
Message: <web.5ea7178fcccd067ee334aab10@news.povray.org>
Hi, I have only started on POV RAY for a day or so, so please go gently!
 I am trying to produce a 3D set of point light sources which the camera can
view.
Imagine that they were 10 or so stars in a Night Sky constellation. I know how
to get the
star coordinates etc etc, but have so far only used SPHERE as each object star.
The spheres size is determined by distance from camera, but I don't want
that...I want a small fixed size point of light for each coordinate star, that I
can vary the brightness of (to mimic the abs mag of the star), and also the
colour of each.

Any ideas...even if you just refer me to a tutorial !

Many Thanks
Jezza