POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
6 May 2024 19:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 25 Apr 2020 13:05:00
Message: <web.5ea46c74144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>
> As TdG recently commented, millions of people's livelihoods are at stake.
>
> But it's _not_ "because of COVID-19" - but because of people's _response_ to it.
> Fear
> Panic
> Learned helplessness
> Lack of knowledge, skill, preparation, and ---
> Independence and self-sufficiency
>
> And I get that really uncomfortable feeling when I watch what is going on, given
> the real medical statistics, who the players are, the level of hype, the broad
> sweeping global participation, the origins of the virus, the slimy celebrities
> and massive international bill-to-trillion dollar corporations jumping on the
> bandwagon, the speed at which everything is being ramped up and _changed_, and
> the suggestions for what the "solutions" are, and WE "need" to do to "go back to
> normal".  It's all pretty Hegelian.
>
> http://www.nommeraadio.ee/meedia/pdf/RRS/Rockefeller%20Foundation.pdf
> see page 18

I've founded Corporate Foresight in my company in 2009.
Scenarios are one of the more useful instruments. Of course they are limited by
the experience and background of the participants - but they can give quick and
organized input for a strategic response as long as decision makers use them.

Since most governments use such (and most are very similar) sets of scenarios
because of lacking personal experience they all tend to react in a more or less
common manner (no polititian wants to make own mistakes in new situations - so
do what others do).

But we will see different reaction schemes very soon...
Up to now I cannot detect a force directing from the background - it's more like
a roused hen house as we say in germany.

Norbert