POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patterns / functions. Obscure details. Noise etc. : Re: Patterns / functions. Obscure details. Noise etc. Server Time
2 May 2024 09:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patterns / functions. Obscure details. Noise etc.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Apr 2020 07:05:01
Message: <web.5e983b05351a066fb0b41570@news.povray.org>

> When my function values cross 0, I get rounding of the corners in the +x and +z
> directions, and the same thing happens to a lesser extent when I use too many
> samples and flatten the gradient too much.

Fixed that 5 min after posting, and understood exactly why at 4:30 this morning.
  :|

Low accuracy setting for the isosurface gives it the speed and terrible look.
;)
Higher accuracy obviously makes it much smoother and slows it way down.

Will see if RL gives me time to hammer out some more experiments and discover
anything of value.