POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
6 May 2024 07:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Mar 2020 20:20:01
Message: <web.5e658b8f5f4031dc4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Line 354: expected map file spec, string identifier found instead.

Pretty sure I have the 64 bit version.   But I'm running Dick Balaska's
QT-POV-Ray port of 3.8 on Linux.

I think all you need to do is prepend png or jpg right before the quoted
filename and it will be fine.

Though I suppose we might play with checking the version number, and then:
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/message/%3C5ba478b7%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C5ba478b7%241%40news.povra
y.org%3E

just for experimentation purposes.   ;)

I only left it out because I remembered:
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/message/%3C5ba3b5f9%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C5ba3b5f9%241%40news.povra
y.org%3E