POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
6 May 2024 09:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Mar 2020 12:00:01
Message: <web.5e65162a5f4031dc4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Thanks! The changes appear very complex, and I also added things to my own file
> in the meantime. It will take me a bit, to import the changes of Bald Eagle into
> my file. But the results will pay off!

I haven't really done anything "complex" - I just fiddled with some textures,
tidied up some code to hopefully keep some of the memory usage down and speed
things up, and tried to get most of the code into a tab-indented hierarchy so I
could follow all of the nested CSG operations.

> Big thanks to Bald Eagle! There is a truly great spirit in this group!

Well, this is where I learned it all - and I probably couldn't have learned as
much as fast without all of help and suggestions and examples and debugging
assistance from dozens of people.

> Bald Eagle, I am also uploading my own newest file that is still without your
> changes, in case I do things wrong (I use v3.7, you use v3.8, and I get errors
> when attempting to render after I put back the version of your file to 3.7).

:O ? What errors and what lines?