POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
19 May 2024 02:00:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 6 Mar 2020 21:30:01
Message: <web.5e6306f45f4031dc5f7af7120@news.povray.org>
Hi, thanks for the good wishes!

I really like the wooden patterns! Oh, I forgot to mention that I put a
translucent color on top of my own wood, to allow to change the color of the
wood. Romans painted their ballista. Still, the wooden pattern (normal) would
still be recognizeable.

I think, your wood is really clodse to the final version, but we have to allow
the future object users to change the appeal of the wood, like light brown or
medium, and the paint color that was used on the wood.

It also seems you did somethign with the bolts on the front shield, right? Can
you give me a copy of the scene file? I want to run it in high-resolution.