POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
5 May 2024 18:42:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 3 Mar 2020 23:35:02
Message: <web.5e5f2f685f4031dc82f8fb090@news.povray.org>
Big thanks once more - I am going to incorporate this into the file.

by the way, this here is not really a siege artillery, it is a naval artillery.
Was used on Roman battle galleys, thus the round platform which allowed to be
turned to all sides.

Siege artillery lacked that round platform as they were not needed to be
flexible, as fortresses not really moved around that much. :-)

Mounted on ships, during an ancient ship battle, the ships often changed
direction, sometimes quite abruptly, and so did their targets, too. Thus the
added flexibility of being able to turn around the Y axis.

For your pleasure, I am including now the latest version of the naval ballista.

3.65 MB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ballista 001v2.rar.dat' (3758 KB)