POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to adjust image_map? : Re: How to adjust image_map? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:50:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to adjust image_map?
From: Kima
Date: 20 Feb 2020 23:30:00
Message: <web.5e4f5bd48411a31becc0fada0@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > 2. map_type 2 makes a full wrap cylindrically. How can I make image_map half
> > wrap or to a custom degree (instead of 360)?
>
> Scale the image along the X direction. For a half wrap, use
> scale<0.5, 1, 1>
>
> For a specific number of degree, it's :
>
> scale<Degree/360, 1, 1>
>

> > By scale, we can control the image over the y-axis, but the scale on the x-axis
> > has no effect.

I learned a lot from your tips, but I could not implement your approach for a
half wrap. As I mentioned before, x-scale does not control the size as y-scale
does.

Could you please elaborate on how you implement it?

In my case, scale<0.5,0.5, 1> leads to half-height but still full (360-degree)
cylindrical wrap.