POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Extract 2D screen coordinates from 3D : Re: Extract 2D screen coordinates from 3D Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:57:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extract 2D screen coordinates from 3D
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jan 2020 20:25:00
Message: <web.5e23af6ac5d107b34eec112d0@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I found the "Updated screen.inc" in newsgroup.

> // and now, display text at this pos
> Screen_Object ( MyTextObject, <screenU, screenV>, <0.01,0.01>, true, 0.01 )

> and, uh... nothing shows up !
> where's my mistake? Is there a bug in the macro or in my code ?
>
> if you have any ideas...
> thanks

Well, I mean it looks like it should work.
I don't know what version you're using, and I can never figure out which one I'm
using either.   There's never any version number, date, revision history, etc.

I'd say just check your light source, texture, positions of everything, etc.
Then output the number to the debug stream.
If that looks ok, then make a super simple scene and see if that works.
Compare the old and new screen.inc results.

Also, do you use the Update_Camera () macro before you render?

This is sort of related, and just including this here in case you're interested.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5baddad1%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=424795