POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : After 22 years of not using povray : Re: After 22 years of not using povray Server Time
28 Apr 2024 06:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After 22 years of not using povray
From: Melody
Date: 16 Jan 2020 01:40:01
Message: <web.5e2003eaa225e9d79da690110@news.povray.org>
Anthony D'Agostino wrote:
> I modeled the golfballs with negative blobs back then, but these are
> modeled with regular polygons. I used an icosahedron for the base and
> added 492 dimples, plus some smoothing here and there to make them more
> perfect.

I almost want to do more configurations. So great that you posted such a
realistically lit scene. People learning, ought to be shown the best examples.
Then there was light ... in colors, o the colors.
Mine had to be nothing less than 9,9 adaptive 1 --per the instructions.
max_trace_level 10 assumed_gamma 1.6 radiosity brightness .8
Took around 30 minutes.
The shadows came out fine I thought. (thread Dimple Details)
Thank you, Anthony