POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bad bathtub : Re: bad bathtub Server Time
3 May 2024 01:48:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bad bathtub
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Dec 2019 19:35:01
Message: <web.5e0a96f69d8c40234eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Warren" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Here the author of this page says that if two materials (here, the mint syrup
> and the glass) have some surfaces in common there will be black, gray or white
> stains that will appear, the solution there is to apply a scale with the value
> of 0.99 , 0.999 or something like that, to separate the materials.

That would be the infamous "coincident surfaces" problem - but I doubt that
applies here.

There may be some other strange thing going on, but of course, without code, or
a detailed look at the rest of the scene - it's hard to know.

I'd isolate the bathtub and the light source in a separate [include] file and
render it in an animation with the camera looking at the tub, and going around
it in a circle.