POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bad bathtub : Re: bad bathtub Server Time
3 May 2024 06:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bad bathtub
From: Warren
Date: 30 Dec 2019 15:50:03
Message: <web.5e0a61af9d8c40235a5c2bce0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> [...], I don't get what that weird shadow is on
> the sides near the middle of the tub [...].

On this web page (That's all in french, but I 'try' to give explanations in
english below):
http://povray.free.fr/quatre/index4.html

Take a look at this part of the page at the bottom :

Here the author of this page says that if two materials (here, the mint syrup
and the glass) have some surfaces in common there will be black, gray or white
stains that will appear, the solution there is to apply a scale with the value
of 0.99 , 0.999 or something like that, to separate the materials. In your
example (the bathtub), you can apply that scale value of 0.999 and that 'should'
work. I'm not sure that this is the problem you're facing, but who knows ?

PS: I read the in between posts , but didn't find the above solution, so in case
that helps. ;-D