POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bad bathtub : Re: bad bathtub Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:04:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bad bathtub
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Dec 2019 14:00:00
Message: <web.5e0502c19d8c40234eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> Oh yeah. I wish I'd thought of that when doing the pink soap bottle.
> Prolly won't work for the tub since I have to slope the sides.

I rewrote some of it for the "rounded_box" modification I made for a tabletop.
Maybe just edit the macro so that you can have top and bottom be different
sizes.  Might be easier than writing the whole CSG from scratch.
Isn't there also some kind of rounded pyramid / prism...?

> > ... there are a few blips
> > where maybe the whole frame is black when something overlaps the camera?
>
> I think you mean like where the camera goes in and out of the fishtank?

Yes - there was that.

I just rewatched the whole thing:
there's a blip when entering the train for a ride around the track
one or more during the nuke cloud
and then one at the beginning of the flashlight scene in the tank

> >  Can you fix those with an insidedness test?
>
> um...

Yeah - nevermind.  With what you've got going on it would be a nightmare.