POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : warm_up redo : Re: warm_up redo Server Time
8 May 2024 01:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: warm_up redo
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 25 Dec 2019 10:00:01
Message: <web.5e0378952d7f15a0ab765f000@news.povray.org>

> > Media is faked, because I rendered an image from light position, made an
> > height_field, filled it with emitting media and added it via a separate render.

> *That* is a beautiful piece of work indeed! Interesting to compare with
> the original. Very, very well done. You are the unsurpassed master of
> these kind of scenes. I am not sure I understand entirely how you
> achieved your media here, though.
>
> --
> Thomas

Thank you very much!

I simply made an black-white image of the trees alone and used it as an
height_field filled with emitting media after orienting it towards the
light_source.
Despite using emitting media only it is slow when incorporated in the original
scene, so it had to be rendered separatedly and combined in an extra scene.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'media_fake.jpg' (355 KB)