POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler : Re: povmodeler Server Time
3 May 2024 06:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povmodeler
From: simbad
Date: 22 Dec 2019 11:55:00
Message: <web.5dff9f1df7e9e65213458b160@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> >
> > git clone https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler.git
> > cd povmodeler
> > git checkout slackware14.x
> > cmake .
> > make
> > make install

> > Accessing the repo has the advantage that you will stay up to date to any
> > upcoming changes. That would not possible with a source package as it only
> > contains "released" source code.
>
> sure.  I simply assumed that "available packages" means released, and are based
> on "released" code bases  (must be my age ;-)).  thanks though.
>

> regards, jr.

I dont think I will really "release" any version with the old code as it is hard
to maintain and is in many ways complicated.
But on the other hand I want to keep on to support the old users as good as
possible. I already started a rewrite of the GUI but this will take some time.
So I split my time between support for the old code and to rewrite the GUI.

But the build environment and packaging will be needed in both development
pathes.

For handling of bugs I think it would be best to use the github issue tracker.
This would help to establish something near to release managment.